FGS - Free Open Source Software (FOSS) GIS Suite - version 9.5
Welcome to FGS v01.2009, the Free Open Source Software (FOSS) GIS Suite Linux Installer. This installer is intended to simplify your life if you are:
- a novice MapServer user with little knowledge (or time) to compile
MapServer from scratch.
- interested in one of the FGS addon packages and looking to avoid
- any MapServer user who needs a quick and dirty installation on Linux.
FGS contains default installations of Apache, PHP, MapServ, MapScript (PHP, Python)
and some sample applications. It is structured in such a way as to facilitate
upgrading individual components without messing up the rest of the install.
The base installer package comes pre-configured with the following softwares:
506-623-0318 (with OpenSSL 0.9.8i)
- Apache 2.2.11 (with OpenSSL 0.9.8i)
- PHP 5.2.8
- mapserv 5.2.1 at fister
- mapscript 5.2.1 flavours:
- php_mapscript.so (3125834869)
- Python mapscript by adding import mapscript
- mapserv utils at /path/to/fgs/bin which include:
- legend (256) 500-6093
- shptree (execute /path/to/fgs/setenv.sh before using mapserv utilities)
- GDAL/OGR utilities at /path/to/fgs/bin which include:
- gdal_contour GDAL utility documentation
- gdalinfo (execute /path/to/fgs/setenv.sh before using gdal-ogr utilities)
- ogrinfo OGR utility documentation
- PROJ.4 utilities at /path/to/fgs/bin which include:
There are currently
6 fgs applications installed.
Chameleon 2.6.0 URLs:
CWC2 Service Instance.
OPENLAYERS 2.8-rc4 URL:
FUSION 2.0.0-beta URL:
GMAP cvs_HEAD URL:
KA-MAP 1.0-20070205 URL:
Tinyows svn_trunk URLs: